Making sure your delegates can get to your venue is arguably the most crucial part of planning an event. To paraphrase the philosophical riddle of the tree in the forest making a sound: If a conference is organised but no one is able to get there, does it still happen?
1. Study the accessibility of the destination, its proximity to airports and other means of transport.
2. Assess the efficiency of the destination’s public transport.
3. Make the right choice to better allocate your budget.
4. Integrate public and private transportation.
5. Find a sponsor
6. Work with local authorities.
7. Select your suppliers.
8. Make a taxi implementation plan.
9. Be ready to handle unexpected requests.